The Bump Patrol / Schick Master Barber Challenge is back for its fourth edition to find that cut above the rest. The winner will take the 2020 title and a grand prize of R50 000 in cold, hard cash.
HOW TO ENTER
Simply submit 3 short videos:
1 to introduce yourself
1 to show you in action being Africa's Best Barber!
1 to showcase your creation.
Videos must be submitted via whatsapp on (+27) 81 046 2136 .
Then get every Tom, Dick and Sipho to like, love and share your entry that we will upload onto the Bump Patrol & Schick Facebook and Instagram pages for voting. Their likes, loves, shares and comments play a significant role towards earning you that GRAND PRIZE of R50 000 and the title of Master Barber 2020.
Entries are now open and close at midnight on 16 November 2020.
Check out the T's & C's below.
The winner will take the title 2020 BUMP PATROL & SCHICK MASTER BARBER and a grand prize of R50 000 in cold, hard cash while the runner up will receive R5 000 cash.
HOW YOU’RE SCORED
Barbers may submit any style in order to qualify. The successful progress of your entry through to the selection of the final 10 contenders is based on the following.
Professionalism / Execution
The Top 10 submissions will be announced, and their videos posted on Facebook and Instagram on 18 November 2020
Get your fans to:
Like/Follow the Bump Patrol Africa & Schick Men South Africa Facebook and Instagram Pages
Scroll down to our “Battle of the Barbers’ Competition” photo album on Facebook or Bump Patrol Africa & Schick Men South Africa Instastories on Instagram
Like, love, share and comment on your work/ entry video as many times as they wish. The more love they show, the greater your chance of making it through to the final round, where the top 10 barbers will showcase their talents live online in one final round
Voting Opens 18 November 2020 and closes on 2 December 2020
The results of the voting will count towards 20% of your final score.
On 18 November 2020, the top 10 entries to make it through to stage 2 of the 2020 Battle of the Barbers competition will be announced.
The top 10 finalists will be requested to send a video of their best fade to the whatsapp number (+27) 81 046 2136. This video should include 3 clips or elements.
A short clip showing before the haircut.
A short clip showing you the barber in action.
A short clip clearly showing the end result.
Due to time constraints, if the finalists contacted do not submit their fades in time, only the remaining finalists that have responded will proceed to the final round.
The Fade videos will be uploaded to Facebook and Instagram but most importantly judged bv a panel of judges.
Fades will be judged on the following criteria :
Overall look of the cut
This section of the competition is looking to see your ability to create a picture perfect cut. You may use colour, fibres or any tools to achieve your desired look. Any hairstyle is acceptable, however judges must be able to see transitions from fading.
The results of this round will count towards 20% of your final score.
Fade video deadline is 27 November.
THE LIVE SHOWDOWN
On 5 December 2020 the Top 10 barbers will be invited to the live ONLINE event which will kick off with a Guinness World Record online attempt. Barbers will be supplied with data but must ensure that they are able to provide a device that can connect to zoom with a stable connection and a willing model.
Only ONE LIVE round will separate the 2020 Master from the rest. The zoom feed will be broadcast on Facebook and Instagram and judged live by a panel of judges.
All 10 contestants will compete in the challenge simultaneously.
THE FINAL CHALLENGE - FREESTYLE DESIGN
Contestants will have 40 minutes to complete a freestyle design that showcases their skills and talents.
The final design should include grooming of facial hair as well as a freestyle hair design (scissors, shavers and clippers all permitted).
Contestants will be required to provide their own model and send a still image of the model through to Bump Patrol & Schick for approval prior to the live event.
Contestants have the option to do whatever s/he desires on the model
Contestants will be judged based on cleanliness, execution and final presentation.
Final scoring for this round is broken down as follows:
Difficulty of cut/ hair texture (10 points)
Precision of the outline itself (10 points)
Precision of any letters or designs e.g. Must be legible, clear and have no cuts (20 points)
Originality – innovation and creativity (20 points)
Professionalism e.g. appearance of tools, sanitation etc. (10 points)
Total look of the model when completed (30 points)
THE CROWNING MOMENT
The final score of the 10 contestants that will decide the 2020 Master Barber
will be calculated accordingly:
20% - Online votes, likes and shares of Top 10 videos
20% - Fade score
60% - Live finale score
General Notes, Rules and Regulations:
Unless agreed otherwise between Bump Patrol and the competitor, the competitors undertake to supply a stable internet zoom link for the finale.
Competitors will be required to check in on time or will be disqualified.
Unless agreed otherwise, between Bump Patrol and the competitor, competitors will be required to utilize their own equipment. No competitive branding to be visible in the frame when broadcasting the live event.
Competitors to supply their own models for the finale and share an image of this model for approval 48 hours in advance.
Contestants and models will be required to sign release waivers at the start of the competition agreeing to abide by the judges’ final decision and permitting Bump Patrol to make use of any material recorded during the competition, including images for promotional purposes without compensation.
The final competition will be recorded on zoom and broadcast live.
All models’ hair and beards must be cut at the competition during the respective competitive challenge each model is assigned to.
No competitor will be permitted to cut, trim, shape or present models’ hair before the competition begins.
Semi-permanent colour, light colour sprays and chalks are permitted in the The Freestyle Challenge.
All rounds must result in a transformation of the models’ hair and facial hair (where applicable).
The judges will inspect the models’ hair and facial hair during pre-judging/ check-in and post judging. Competitors to comply to judges’ request for inspection.
Judging will be conducted on a visual basis only using the points allocations as described in each of the competitive challenges.
Any contestant who fails to complete within the maximum time stipulated will be judged on the partially completed work/style.
In the event of an overall tie of accumulative points for the overall winner or the runners up, the judges will determine a final and outright winner.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This Competition (“Battle of the Barbers”) is conducted by The Promoter ("Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa").
2. The Competition is open to anyone regardless of locality or citizenship.
3. The Competition will go live on 16 October 2020 and the duration period is as stipulated on the websites (www.bumppatrolafrica.com & https://www.schick.co.za/).
4. No persons who are directors, members, partners, employees, or agents of, or consultants to, AMKA Products (Pty) Ltd, their marketing service provider(s) utilised in connection with this Competition, any supplier of goods or services in connection with this Competition, any other person who directly or indirectly controls, or is controlled by, them, or any spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any of such persons, may enter the Competition.
5. To enter, participants must use entry mechanisms specified on the competition, via the provided Whatsapp number. (+27) 81 046 2136.
6. Participants may enter more than once, provided they submit all three required entry videos.
7. Participation by the entrants in the Competition constitutes an agreement to abide by these Rules. Any person failing to comply with these Rules will not be entitled to participate in the Competition or will be disqualified from the Competition.
8. The top 10 finalists will be selected through a judging process by a panel of judges, and will be notified, either through their respective social media platforms/pages or telephonically, and will then be entered into the second round and the grand finale.
9. Should the Top 10 finalists not submit a Fade video timeously they will be disqualified.
10. It is the responsibility of the Top 10 finalists to ensure a stable internet connection with Zoom in order to compete in the final. The promoter will accept no responsibility for a drop in connection.
11. Should the competitors not be available for the final, they will forfeit their place in the competition.
12. The winner of the grand prize will be selected based on the accumulated scores of online support, the submitted Fade video judging results and the grand finale showdown judging.
12. Non-monetary prizes are not transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. To the maximum extent permitted in law, Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa excludes liability for any defects in the prize.
13. Bump Patrol Africa’s & Schick South Africa decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa will not share the participant’s information with any third parties other than the participant’s address and contact number should one or more of the prize sponsors request to distribute the prizes themselves.
15. By entering the competition the competitor and his/her model/s automatically assign permission to AMKA and Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa to utilize his/her images in marketing related to the competition.
16. By entering the competition the competitor automatically gives permission to AMKA and Bump Patrol & Schick South Africa to contact and communicate him / her via all contact methods supplied.
17. Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this Competition in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
18. Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa and its agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this Competition or competing in the finale.
19. Unless otherwise advised, Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa will be responsible for distributing the prizes to the relevant winners and will do so after the grand finale. Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa will supply all prizes and hampers to the winners in good order, but will not be held liable for the condition of hampers arriving at the winners’ chosen delivery address, should the prize sponsors chose to deliver the prizes themselves.
19. The winners’ chosen delivery addresses may not be a postal address and the winner must be available to sign and take receipt of the hamper. Please allow 7 working days for delivery.
20. Bump Patrol, Schick South Africa and their agents accept no responsibility for logistical costs incurred by the winner(s) in ensuring a stable link for broadcasting content in the finale or any other logistical costs incurred in getting to a venue where a prize, or prizes, is to be claimed at.
21. The Promoter and all of its subsidiaries accept NO responsibility for any loss, illness, injury, damage or delays whatsoever.
22. To the maximum extent permitted in law, the Bump Patrol Africa, Schick South Africa and its directors, officers, managers, employees and agents, shall not incur any liability to any person for any injury, claim, loss or damage of any nature whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, as a result of entering into, or arising from any cause whatsoever or howsoever arising from their participation in, the Battle of the Barbers Competition or the use of any prize won thereunder (any such prizes being utilised at the own risk of any winner thereof).
23. In the event of a dispute in respect of any aspect of the Competition, the Bump Patrol Africa’s & Schick South Africa decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. By entering into the Competition you agree to receive further communication and direct marketing material from the Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa.
25. Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa does not sell or rent personal information about individual members to third parties. We may, however, disclose personal information in response to a specific request by a law enforcement agency, subpoena, court order, or as required by law.
26. This Competition shall comply with, and will be subject to, any peremptory provisions of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) and the regulations promulgated thereunder, which are deemed to be incorporated herein (“Peremptory Provisions”). In the event of any conflict between these Rules and the Peremptory Provisions, the latter shall prevail. Copies of the CPA and the regulations promulgated thereunder are available on the Department of Trade and Industry Website: www.dti.gov.za.
27. Any provision of these Rules or the Competition which is held to be invalid or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without invalidating or rendering unenforceable the remaining provisions thereof.
28. The competition is not open to last years winner (2019) but is open to previous winners, entrants and runner-up’s.
30. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern these Rules and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.