TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This Competition (“Battle of the Barbers”) is conducted by The Promoter ("Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa").
2. The Competition is open to anyone regardless of locality or citizenship.
4. No persons who are directors, members, partners, employees, or agents of, or consultants to, AMKA Products (Pty) Ltd, their marketing service provider(s) utilised in connection with this Competition, any supplier of goods or services in connection with this Competition, any other person who directly or indirectly controls, or is controlled by, them, or any spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any of such persons, may enter the Competition.
5. To enter, participants must use entry mechanisms specified on the competition, via the provided Whatsapp number. (+27) 81 046 2136.
6. Participants may enter more than once, provided they submit all three required entry videos.
7. Participation by the entrants in the Competition constitutes an agreement to abide by these Rules. Any person failing to comply with these Rules will not be entitled to participate in the Competition or will be disqualified from the Competition.
8. The top 10 finalists will be selected through a judging process by a panel of judges, and will be notified, either through their respective social media platforms/pages or telephonically, and will then be entered into the second round and the grand finale.
9. Should the Top 10 finalists not submit a Fade video timeously they will be disqualified.
10. It is the responsibility of the Top 10 finalists to ensure a stable internet connection with Zoom in order to compete in the final. The promoter will accept no responsibility for a drop in connection.
11. Should the competitors not be available for the final, they will forfeit their place in the competition.
12. The winner of the grand prize will be selected based on the accumulated scores of online support, the submitted Fade video judging results and the grand finale showdown judging.
12. Non-monetary prizes are not transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. To the maximum extent permitted in law, Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa excludes liability for any defects in the prize.
13. Bump Patrol Africa’s & Schick South Africa decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa will not share the participant’s information with any third parties other than the participant’s address and contact number should one or more of the prize sponsors request to distribute the prizes themselves.
15. By entering the competition the competitor and his/her model/s automatically assign permission to AMKA and Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa to utilize his/her images in marketing related to the competition.
16. By entering the competition the competitor automatically gives permission to AMKA and Bump Patrol & Schick South Africa to contact and communicate him / her via all contact methods supplied.
17. Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this Competition in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
18. Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa and its agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this Competition or competing in the finale.
19. Unless otherwise advised, Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa will be responsible for distributing the prizes to the relevant winners and will do so after the grand finale. Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa will supply all prizes and hampers to the winners in good order, but will not be held liable for the condition of hampers arriving at the winners’ chosen delivery address, should the prize sponsors chose to deliver the prizes themselves.
19. The winners’ chosen delivery addresses may not be a postal address and the winner must be available to sign and take receipt of the hamper. Please allow 7 working days for delivery.
20. Bump Patrol, Schick South Africa and their agents accept no responsibility for logistical costs incurred by the winner(s) in ensuring a stable link for broadcasting content in the finale or any other logistical costs incurred in getting to a venue where a prize, or prizes, is to be claimed at.
21. The Promoter and all of its subsidiaries accept NO responsibility for any loss, illness, injury, damage or delays whatsoever.
22. To the maximum extent permitted in law, the Bump Patrol Africa, Schick South Africa and its directors, officers, managers, employees and agents, shall not incur any liability to any person for any injury, claim, loss or damage of any nature whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, as a result of entering into, or arising from any cause whatsoever or howsoever arising from their participation in, the Battle of the Barbers Competition or the use of any prize won thereunder (any such prizes being utilised at the own risk of any winner thereof).
23. In the event of a dispute in respect of any aspect of the Competition, the Bump Patrol Africa’s & Schick South Africa decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. By entering into the Competition you agree to receive further communication and direct marketing material from the Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa.
25. Bump Patrol Africa & Schick South Africa does not sell or rent personal information about individual members to third parties. We may, however, disclose personal information in response to a specific request by a law enforcement agency, subpoena, court order, or as required by law.
26. This Competition shall comply with, and will be subject to, any peremptory provisions of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) and the regulations promulgated thereunder, which are deemed to be incorporated herein (“Peremptory Provisions”). In the event of any conflict between these Rules and the Peremptory Provisions, the latter shall prevail. Copies of the CPA and the regulations promulgated thereunder are available on the Department of Trade and Industry Website: .
27. Any provision of these Rules or the Competition which is held to be invalid or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without invalidating or rendering unenforceable the remaining provisions thereof.
28. The competition is not open to last years winner (2019) but is open to previous winners, entrants and runner-up’s.
30. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern these Rules and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.